Featured Article Title
Post from the Coast
Postcards are often overlooked as valuable research tools and sources of information. Not only are they illustrative and tell a story, they also serve as markers of pop-culture. Post from the Coast traveling exhibit highlights postcards from the collections of the Museum of the Albemarle and local collector Gary Cooper. Old and new, the examples chosen depict coastal North Carolina scenes of beaches, transportation, architecture, and fun. Adding to the experience, several cards have been enhanced for viewing with 3-D glasses provided by Biggs Cadillac Buick GMC and Tandem Incorporated. Learn about their development, and take in this diverse collection of posts from the coast. The Museum also thanks the Friends of the Museum of the Albemarle for making this traveling exhibit possible.
- 6 Primary Panels, 57" wide x 40" high.
- 5 Secondary Panels, 28" wide x 48" high.
- No cost to borrow the exhibit.
- Transportation, installation, and dismounting provided by Museum of the Albemarle staff.
- Typical loan period is 3-6 months.
- Only to be displayed indoors.