Featured Article Title
Flying Kites with Delia
Flying Kites with Delia traveling exhibition tells the history of kites and their usage in northeastern North Carolina as told by the narrator, Delia, a delta kite. The eleven-paneled exhibit is written for elementary ages children with historical images and colorful sketches.
Contributions of graphics and research to the exhibit from institutions such as Kitty Hawk Kites, the National Air and Space Museum, and the Library of Congress. The Museum of the Albemarle extends its greatest thanks to artist Tyler Rivas for the wonderful sketches and to Kitty Hawk Kites for the donation of the kites. The Museum also thanks the Friends of the Museum of the Albemarle for making this traveling exhibit possible.
- 11 Primary Panels, 2’ wide x 3’ high.
- Panels can be hung using gravity cleats and screws.
- Two kites compliments of Kitty Hawk Kites with hanging mechanisms
- No cost to borrow the exhibit.
- Transportation, installation, and dismounting provided by Museum of the Albemarle staff.
- Typical loan period is 3-6 months.
- Only to be displayed indoors.